This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Generate Actions

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Edited Jul 25, 2014 at 4:11 AM
How about adding something to include the /generateActions parameter to work with Actions?

Having an option to only generate Actions would be useful as there are times you might want to work with an Action but any of the entities.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn481600.aspx#bkmk_gentypes
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestion!

I haven't had a chance to work with Actions yet (day job is 2011 on prem). Looks like just adding the /generateActions parameter is all that is required to generate the classes. Does that sound right?

I'm trying to decide if it makes more sense to treat them as an Entity and rather than having an option to generate just actions, a user can add/remove them from the list of Entities to create.

Do you think it makes more sense to include Actions as a separate file by default (So you have Actions.cs, Entities.cs, and OptionSets.cs) or just include them in the Entities.cs file?
Jul 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Yes - just adding the extra parameter is all that is required.

It would be slick if you had the ability to pick and choose the actions you want - much like you've set up with entities.

I think a separate file for actions would be the way to go as I could see scenarios where you only need actions and not entities (just ran into this myself).

Keep up the good work!
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2014 at 4:23 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2014 at 2:20 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.

UPDATE

This has been added. Thanks for the suggestion!
Marked as answer by hulk2484 on 9/18/2014 at 6:20 AM